Friday 28 September 2012

Paella de Valenciana-Hispanic Heritage Month Blog Hop

I am joining the Hispanic Heritage Month Blog Hop and I am so excited. Gonna cook my father's recipe Paella de Valenciana the easy way.


I was so excited preparing  the grocery list while watching  the Texas news together with my cute little nephews. They love to push the carts with ingredients to the paella valenciana.

The secret of  a great Tasting Paella Valenciana is the sticky rice. 

Buy the best sticky rice available in your place. 


I prepared two types of Paella Valenciana base on its ingredients. 

Usually It's mixed sea foods but if it's not available then you can do chicken and pork with liver.

Boiled the chicken and pork separately until tender.

Clean the rice with water and cook it using a rice cooker. Use the broth of the chicken.

Others use Sprite to cook the sticky rice. 
It will make the rice more flavorful. 
Don't forget to add small amounts of Curry powder for the yellow color.
Saute the chicken. Add some salt,pepper, soy sauce  to taste.

Add the peas, garbanzos,raisins, red bell peppers.

I set aside half of the chicken valenciana since some of my family members don't eat liver and pork.

 Saute the pork and the liver. may sure the pork is tender. 

Add this to the half portion of the chicken valenciana.

Boil some eggs and add it on top for presentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis