Friday 28 September 2012

Texas Country Singer George Strait Ends His Life On The Bus

texas news george strait

Like or Tweet For George One More Time


Texas News- Life on the road for will now be over for Texas Singer George Strait after he had told Texas reporters last Wednesday that this will be his final tour early next year.









Lubbock Texas will be his first of the final stop on Jan 16 and end in June 1 at San Antonio Texas. Joining him on his last tour on 2013 is Martina Mc Bride.



The 21 bus tours for this year and 20 more next year will be named “The Cowboy Rides Away Tour”. Although these strenuous bus tours are on its last pit stop but not those song making on the sound recorder and much anticipated guest singing appearances.



"I had it in the back of my mind that when I turned 60 it might be the time to start thinking about (getting off the road)," he said. "I also didn't want to book a tour and nobody came. It was important to me to pick that time, rather than go that long when something like that started happening. I believe I made the right decision. I hope I did. Only time will tell. In 2016, I might say, 'What a dummy.' And if that's the case, maybe I'll reconsider. But at this particular time, I'm pretty sure I won't."

"I just don't want to go to the point where I show up and nobody else does, you know?" Strait said in an interview before making the announcement. "It's been great. I've been doing it for 30-some odd years and I've loved it. Sometimes I've not liked it as much. And here lately it's just the walking out onstage part, that's all great. I still love that. It's just the hectic part about touring and traveling and bam bam bam bam. I just feel like it's time for me to try something else."

Texas Fans and country music lovers have been surprised on the news of his retirement on tours.



George Straight is now 60 and a Country Music Hall of Fame member from Poteet ,Texas.

His debut in 1981 with a hit the Unwound and 59 no 1 country singles afterwards and albums that sold more than 68M copies. . He was on the Top ten hit every year since 1981. He has 44 on the Billboard country chart which is just second following Eddy Arnold who has 92 Top 10 country hits.

George Strait has sold nearly 70 million copies in the United States alone, including 33 million-selling albums.



He's Ranks 12th on the best selling recording artist of any genre by the Recording Industry Association of America, and has scored with a record 24 No. 1 country albums.

"I'm sure I'll miss it. I'm sure I will," Strait said. "How can you not after doing it for so long. It was a hard decision to make. It was tough. I've lost sleep. But I think about midway through this tour I'll realize that, yeah, I did make the right decision. It's just a part of it."



"It's just amazing the energy that you feel," Strait said. "I'd say three years ago we played in my hometown of San Antonio for 55,000 people at the Alamodome and walking out there with a crowd like that is just, you're excited, you're scared. There are just so many emotions going on. I still get nervous for things like that until after I sing about the first one or two songs, then I settle down. To try to describe what you feel, it's just a big electric energy feel that's right on top of you."



"I hope people show up because we're going to a lot of the places we've been to for so long, from year to year, and it's kind of like saying goodbye to that," he said. "It's going to be a little emotional."




We need to pack all the remaining bus tours as fans of George.

Kindly share, tweet and like for George Strait. I hope we can surprise him with a full house Texas crowd


1 comment:

  1. "I hope people show up because we're going to a lot of the places we've been to for so long, from year to year, and it's kind of like saying goodbye to that," he said. "It's going to be a little emotional." Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis