Sunday 4 November 2012

Was Obama's comet a one-time thing?

So it comes down to this: On Tuesday, the president who can't possibly win re-election confronts the challenger who can't possibly beat him. Licensed, as I am, to pump gas and commit punditry in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, I am obligated to make a prediction. Or, in other words: It's time to guess. 

Three weeks ago, on NBC's "Meet the Press," I ventured that something happened at that Denver debate beyond President Barack Obama not showing up for work. The president, I noted, had never run a campaign to get re-elected, just a campaign to stop the other guy, Mitt Romney, from getting elected. When the Romney who arrived to debate was not the sulfur-breathing demon the president had led us to expect, Obama was left with no campaign at all. "This is a man with two empty holsters," I noted. "His campaign could collapse."

Continue Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis